Capitalism cannot correctly distribute resources

Capitalism cannot correctly distribute resources

Wealth of the richest people in the world increased almost for one trillion USD in 2017. This is evidenced by the millionaire index calculated by Bloomberg agency. In 2016, total wealth of the most rich 500 people in the world was equal to 4.4 trillion USD, in the similar period of 2017, it reached 5,3 trillion USD. At average, they accumulatively earned 2.7 billion USD every day, and earned four-time increased profit compared to the previous year. Capitalism warrants growth of wealth of rich people in geometrical progression, however, condition of the poor people decline inversely. According to the study, the wealth of 8 richest people of the planet is equal to the wealth of 3.6 billion people, which is about the half of the planet’s population. According to the report of Credit Suisse Bank, wealth gap between the richest (1%) and remaining people (99%) is growing every day. The capitalist system is considered as a system that is favourable only for the richest population stratum – for capitalists. Namely, the wealth of this rich stratum ensures existence of the system. According to the Credit Suisse international financial institution’s “Global prosperity” report, 1% of the world’s population possessed 45.5% of the world’s resources in 2000; this figure increased to 50.1% in 2017

Leave a Comment